Lunch today was made easy by prep that happened at Christmas time. We put an appropriate mix of leftover Christmas turkey and gravy in freezer bags to enjoy at a later time, and it sure came in handy today! I took the bag out of the freezer yesterday morning, and thawed it in the fridge overnight..
Extra ingredients needed for the “twist”:
– Loaf of garlic bread
– Sliced ham (we love porscuito, westphalean or some other smoked ham)
– Swiss or a smoke cheese
– Leaving or wrapping garlic bread in foil, place garlic bread in oven and heat to 350F. Turn off and let sit in oven while working on the rest of supper
– Reheat the turkey/gravy blend on the stove-top at medium-low heat, stirring now and then to prevent burning. Turn off burner when heated through.
– Meanwhile, make a salad or vegi tray for a healthy side dish.
– When meat is heated through, remove garlic bread from oven, turn on broiler. Place bread on baking sheet. Open and spread on preferred mount of turkey/gravy mixture.
– Top with ham and cheese, then place under broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese. Remove from oven, close up the bread to make sandwich, and slice as desired to serve.
Sorry there’s no picture, but I’m sure you get the picture. 🙂